CASUAL STYLE FOR MEN
Posted on 3rd February 2021 at 12:16
Even before the COVID pandemic the suit was on the wane, while more and more men are opting for a smart, casual look instead.
Fashion Brand names have picked up and run with this trend geared more towards casual wear because this is where people are investing the most money.
To stand out in casualwear it requires a little effort. So, how do you stand out from the casual crowd? Here are some suggestions: -
#1 Simple Style – Invest in good quality timeless basics that transcend seasons.
#2 Regretter Trendsetter – Trends come and go so don’t over invest in seasonal trends. A few key pieces
from every season to update your look will suffice.
#3 For the Better Trendsetter – Look at the different ways the fashion industry is wearing clothes for the
season. For example, rolled up jean/chino cuffs, beanies worn high on the head, stackable leather
#4 Fit for Purpose – This season the trend is geared more towards looser fitting clothes. That’s ok but maybe
err on the side of caution and go with slightly oversized. This also sits under category #2 Trends Come
and Go! The general rule of thumb is that a more fitted silhouette flatters a body shape.
• A good quality jacket & coat (Leather, bomber style, denim, puffer, cashmere, trench coat)
• Several good quality cotton (with a little stretch) tees to wear as a base layer
• Two or three pairs of well-fitted denim jeans and chinos (cuffed if preferred)
• Knitwear (V-neck flatters most) in colours that compliment your body shape
• Trainers which can be used to dress up or dress down an outfit (off-white is standout)
• Quality leather boots that will last a lifetime (Military, Biker, Chelsea boots transgress seasons) Swap out
for a pair of Birkenstocks for Summer!
• Crossbody/bum bags are practical and stylish. Smart leather or athleisure wear versions abound
• Accessorise with some leather stackable bracelets and a standout timepiece and go get noticed!
Share this post: